Another Ron Paul Son All But Rules Out Senate Bid

Denton - Dr. Robert Paul doesn't think he's ready to join the crowded race to replace Republican Kay Bailey Hutchison in the U.S. Senate.

One week after saying he was considering a bid for the office, Paul -- son of Rep. Ron Paul and brother of Sen. Rand Paul -- told students at the University of North Texas that he has all but ruled out a bid for political office.

For now.

"I'm honored that people think I'm ready to run, but I think they want me to run because I'm related to Ron Paul," said Paul, who has a family medical practice in Benbrook and lives in Fort Worth. "I think the biggest thing I have that's similar to my dad is that I'm honest.

"I'm never going to say I won't ever run for office, but I think running for Senate probably is not going to happen this time."

More

No comments:

Post a Comment