Gas Mileage

Joe-

A while back you ran a post on gas prices, and a commenter talked about pumping gas more slowly-- that gas is designed to expand and become vapor, so air mixes with it easily, and you'll get more actual gas my pumping more slowly.

I took the advice and began to pump my gas much more slowly.  I pump at a rate of  .1 gal/second  (which makes it easy to get it right-- just watch the pump and count "one-thousand-one, one-thousand-two," etc).

My gas mileage has gone up by 1.5 - 2 MPG.  That might not seem like a lot, but on a 20-gallon fillup, it's another 30-40 miles I can drive. It can really add up over time.

I haven't done anything else that would significantly affect the mileage. I'm just getting more gas and less air as I pump it.

It PAYS to read Salisbury News!

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment